Tuesday, May 27, 2008

25 Years!!!


Yes, today is the day. Our 25th Wedding Anniversary! Hard to believe that it has been that long. Steve had taken the day off so we could do something 'exciting', but as it turns out we spent the day driving 500+ miles to Omaha and back to move R & M into their apartment for the summer. And it was a great day. We had lots of time together to talk (and knit) and we even stopped by the mall in Des Moines and got a treat. Now to start on the adventure of the next 25 years!!!








I have a few pictures of finished items to share. The first is my Chevron scarf - finally off the needles and I love it. I immediately cast on another in Noro sock yarn. I really don't like the feel of this yarn, but I hear that it softens up when washed. I miss the feel of my Wollmeise yarn. I miss the Wollmeise for that matter. Come back to us Claudia!!!












I also finished the baby sweater already!! My first sweater! I need to add a couple of little buttons, but wa-la! I am making a matching hat and will finish it tonight and share it in my next post. I think I will even have enough yarn left to make my niece a matching hat as well. I'm going to need to order more of this yarn. It feels so yummy. I'm hoping a baby sweater counts for Sheri's DIC Kal!!



Looked out yesterday and there was K and Sebastian on the deck looking in the back door. She loves to spend time with him when she is home on break. He'll be 10 years old this August. Wow. Time sure does fly.




Thanks for those who voiced concern over the recent storms. We were very close to some serious tornados on Sunday. A town less then 10 miles from here was almost completely destroyed. (And several other towns around us had major damage as well). We had only the inconvenience of no internet for a few days but our thoughts and prayers go out to all of those who are affected. Tornado season always has me a little on edge, especially since we live in the country and can't hear any sirens.

Until Next Time.....

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a frequent reader, but not a commenter, I'm glad to know that you were okay after the recent weekend of severe weather. Enjoy reading your blog--like both the felting and your recipes. Do you ever check the Weather Underground site? Used to check the Decorah weather all the time while my son attended Luther College over the past four years. Used to worry about the severe weather and the rising Upper Iowa River. The site is http://www.wunderground.com/

Kaidy

rohanknitter said...

First of all, Happy Anniversary!! Love the wedding picture- I had a hat/veil combo very similar to yours for our wedding. The baby sweater is adorable!! I'm SO glad to hear you missed the awful storms - so scary! I wondered if that was anywhere near you. We got a weather radio a few years ago that goes off if there's severe weather -comes in very handy!

Allison said...

Happy, happy, happy anniversary. You two sound so happy and set a great example for all of us. Check out my blog - I tagged you.

marit said...

Happy anniversary! I guess that pretty much sums up marriage and parenthood: the kids need help with something, and everything planned for "something special" will just have to wait-LOL!
Lovely babysweater!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 25th anniversary! Thanks for showing us that beautiful photo. This year will be my 20th anniversary and I know what you mean about how fast the years have gone. I thought I would feel older or different somehow by this point but not really....
Gorgeous scarf and baby sweater. Of course the sweater will count for Sheri's contest!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Janice!!!

SwissKnits! said...

OMGoodness, I was not aware that you were so close to the storms... eeek!

Happy 25th Anniversary!! It makes me so happy to see couples that actually like and love each other together for life. My DH and I don't really count the years...because we are together for life... hmmm did that come out right? I'll try again.... it's not like " Whoooosh... we made it to two years" LOL We just know that we are with each other till death do us part.

Off to get some coffee... apparently I need it this morning...

SwissKnits! said...

BTW this Sept. It will be 17 years (not 2 yrs) for me and my DH.

Maybe I need a nap.... LOL

Robin said...

Congratulations!!!!! My brother and sister will both celebrate 25 years next year. I have made it almost 12. I think it is great that the two of you seem as much in love as I am sure you were when you got married. I am glad to hear that you are all okay after the storms.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary and here's to many many more :-)

Safe travels.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you were all ok from
the storms. We had storms here too, but not that bad. Congratuations on you anniversary.
That was a lovely wedding picture.
I love your scarf and sweater too.

Mitchypoo said...

Happy Silver Anniversary! Wow, you both look too young to married that long.

Glad you were OK with the tornadoes too.

Lovs2Knit said...

Happy Anniversary!

I'm so glad to here that you all made it through the storms.

I've been reluctant to get a skein of Noro sock because I've seen so many comments on it's scratchiness. The colors are gorgeous though.

Anonymous said...

happy 25th wedding anniversary!!!

KSee said...

My gooodness you two were babies. Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy 25th Anniversary - belated, that is! : )

monica said...

Happy (belated) Anniversary!!!!
We will be celebrating 19 years in a little over 2 weeks.
The weather everyone has been
having lately is crazy. Glad you all are OK.

All your knitting items are lovely. I love the way the baby sweater turned out. I keep looking at that color at TLE I will have to get some the next time I order. I have ordered twice in the last 2 weeks so it will have to wait for at least another week before I order again : )

Anonymous said...

1) Glad to hear you are all okay. I live in 30 south of Iowa City and we ended up with just bad thunderstorms--thankfully!!

2) Happy Anniversary!! Here's to many, many more!

3) Love the baby sweater. My S-I-L just had a girl yesterday and I was wondering what pattern you used?

Thanks and take care, Jane

Sheri at The Loopy Ewe said...

HAPPY ANNIVESARY! I'm proud to say that I was at the happy event and it was a lovely wedding. But I really can't believe that it was 25 years ago, FPS! (How come you didn't put the nose/glasses photo up instead of this nice one? I think it's more representative of your personalities...)

Marianne said...

Congratulations on your 25th Anniversary! That is awesome! Savor the time, and Best Wishes for the next 25 years!

I am so thankful that you and your family were safe from the horrible tornadoes. I had figured that they had to have been at least somewhat close to you, so I am just delighted that they missed you and your wonderful family! I hear your area has potentially severe weather for the next several days, as well. I pray that you and yours will continue to remain safe from harm! {{{Hugs}}}, Marianne

Anonymous said...

Wow Happy Anniversary!! So happy for you.

princessquiltandknitalot said...

Congratulations on 25 years! I am glad to hear you are all OK. We in Cedar Rapids are all in awe of what happened north of us. A few people I work with had relatives impacted. I would love to visit your llamas someday! Thanks for your cute blog, I enjoy reading it!

hakucho said...

Happy 25th! The baby sweater is adorable...very nice :)

Anonymous said...

Catching up on some posts after being away. Congratulations on 25 years!! My husband and I will hit that milestone on October. Not too many of us seem to make it to that point anymore...we should all be proud of the accomplishment.