Sunday, October 01, 2006

A Baby Is Born....







Well, here she is! The baby llama (cria) that was born yesterday (September 30th). There really is nothing that I know of more adorable than a baby llama!! She weighed in at 25 pounds and was on her feet and nursing in 30 minutes!!! Isn't that amazing? Here she is with her mom Celeste...









I have a few bags to show that I felted this past weekend. The first is the Sophie bag that I knit with the Lion Wool... It needs a good shave, but I like the colorways....












The second one is one I was hoping to be for a friend at church, but I made the larger pattern instead of the smaller version, and it may be too large! But it's a fun bag! I'll just make a different one for her!










The third is a version of the Runabout bag that I added a bottom to and didn't put in the dividers. It is a great shape. My daughter has dibs on it and can't wait until I attach the strap and add a button....










Lastly is one that I tried to add snowflakes to a bag.., and it didn't quite come out as well as I had hoped, but I sure learned alot of things of what NOT to do!!)

I will still use it at night in poorly lit areas.....









I am quite excited about the bag I am knitting now. It is a take-off of the ballband dishcloths that I have been making... It is a fun pattern to knit and I think will be a great pattern to felt.





Lastly I leave you with a quick and easy dessert which impresses all who dig in! My daughter made this today for the group of teens that are invading my house even as I type!! It is a chocolate brownie truffle...

1 box brownie mix
1 large box instant chocolate pudding
1 large container cool whip
chocolate (heath bars; snickers; hershey bars etc..

Bake brownies. Cool and cut in cubes. Prepare pudding. Layer 1/2 brownies; half the pudding; half the whipped cream; chopped chocolate 2 times in a glass bowl. Wa La!! So easy and everyone is always so impressed!!


Well, I am off to finish the cooking for tonight and then head to the hospital to visit a dear friend who had a baby boy this afternoon. I think I'll take my knitting.......

8 comments:

monica said...

The baby llama is so cute. Your bags look great, and I think I will have to give the dessert a try, it sounds yummy.

Unknown said...

Cria is SO cute. And the picture with her mom is just the sweetest.

And your daughter's chocolate brownie truffle may just need to get made for a dear friend of mine who loves rbownies.

Now can you ask her what to do with a jar of chocolate flavored peanut butter? =)

AR said...

Cute little baby! Your bags are great, too. Tell your dd thanks for the recipe. Anything with chocolate is a good recipe!

Sharon said...

Oh what a cutie!!

Love the bags and the chocolate recipe, with teenagers around you always need great recipes like these.

What is cool whip? I have never heard of it here in Australia.

Janice said...

Sharon.. My daughter was so excited that someone in AUSTRALIA commented on her dessert!! So you don't have cool whip 'down under'? Cool Whip is a frozen version of whipped cream. Very yummy, but probably not that good for you....

Tammy said...

Cria is so adorable! I had that dessert somewhere years ago and remember how good it was!! Mmm. I think I'm going to have to make a batch soon!

Sharon said...

Hi Janice,

we don't have cool whip here and the way you described it there is nothing even similar, other than whipped cream. Probably a good thing because it sounds so delicious.

I forget how 'far away' we actually are sometimes, say g'day to your daughter for me and I will make her yummy dessert for my kids and substitute with whipped cream ;)

Heidi said...

What an adorable baby llama, what a face!!! What a treat for you. Love your bags, looks like you love knitting purses as much as I do. Oh and that recipe looks great, both easy and obviously delicious.
OH and I'm up for having a Felted Clogs KAL with you, November 1st deadline it is!