Friday, February 26, 2010

Life Goes On.....

First of all, let me say a big 'THANK YOU' for all of your kind comments; prayers and words of sympathy. They all mean so much. I am comforted most by knowing that it was time and that it was the best thing to do for Sumo.

I am also comforted by 3 pounds of gummy bears. That's right. 3 pounds. I didn't even know that they came in such large bags. Under normal circumstances, I would have resisted and bought the 2 ounce single serving size. But when one is shopping for 'comfort' food.. bigger is always better. I thought I would splurge on the 8 oz package. And then I saw the 3 pounder and in my emotional state I bought it. That's my story....




And, of course, there is Sophie.... She reminds us that life goes on. It's hard not to smile when she is around. I thought I would take you along on our walk this morning....

We head out behind the deck and in front of the treehouse....

















And under the evergreen, past the stone marking the final resting place of Nikko and Sumo.












Through the people gate on the west side of the barn....



















A mad dash though the small pasture to the gate that leads to the back field....












And then around and around a couple of times. Today the trees were covered in frost and when the sun hit them it looked like they were covered in diamonds. Absolutely beautiful! Quite a different landscape than where Steve and K will be in less than 24 hours. They are enroute as I write this to:












Haiti! They are embarking on a 10 day missions trip to a field hospital in Port au Prince. K has set up a blog and we are hoping that their 3G towers will be up and running so that she can blog and send pictures while they are there. Check it out at www.trinitytohaiti.com.




Off to have a few more gummy bears....

Until Next Time...

4 comments:

rohanknitter said...

Give Sophie lots of hugs! (and enjoy those gummies) Praying for their trip......

HappyTrails said...

We just saw your post from Tuesday and were heartbroken that Sumo is no longer with us. Hope you are finding comfort in your time of loss - we get so attached to our pets that it hurts like losing a family member. Love on Sophie!

Monique said...

It's quite clear that Sophie is having a good ole time! :-)

Caroline said...

I have to say that you're a little bit of a light weight in the binge department (LOL) Where's the ice cream, cookies, and chips? Maybe that's why you're a marathoner. You have discipline even during sad times. My eyes stung a little as I read your post about Sumo. I haven't done a lot of lurking or commenting lately, but I've so enjoyed your posts about your beautiful dogs. It is so difficult to lose them.