Wednesday, April 28, 2010

New News.......

Made this tray of cookies and cupcakes to take up to M's school yesterday. The colors of the drizzle were chosen very strategically to help announce the big news.......









R&M are expecting!!! I am going to be a GRANDMA!!!! How amazing is that??? Here is how it was announced yesterday... with fun letters being revealed during a class photo when M said "Everyone say - 'Mrs. R is having a baby!'".... So they got fun expressions from all of the class reacting. (Which of course I can't post online...) I think she is puffing baby out a bit in this picture for effect.... but she is definitely starting to show. They couldn't have kept it a secret much longer!!! Need to start thinking about all the baby knitting I will want to do!!!!


Got lots of knitting inspiration this past weekend at Sheri's annual Spring Fling in St. Louis. This is always such a highlight of the year for me. Great knitting; great classes; great food and always amazing friends.. both from years past and brand new!!!








I didn't take many photos and always kick myself for this. (As soon as I figure out how to download from Flickr in usable format I will post more..) I spend most of my time playing Loopy Elf. I even graduated to an official Loopy Elf which is shown by this official Loopy Elf coffee mug that Sheri ordered for me. (ALL of the elves have them). I got to take mine home, but will certainly be bringing it will me whenever I go to St.. Louis to play elf!!





This is the first year that I actually snuck in to one of the classes that were being taught. This is Jared Flood (who is very well known in the knitting world...) and he was teaching how to knit a sweater without a pattern. I totally left that class with the confidence that I could cast on and knit my first sweater. And I plan to as soon as I cross many of the other 'need to knit' items off my list. (Which now includes MANY baby items!!!) He is a great teacher and it was a GREAT class. I just wish I could have taken classes from all of the teachers (Wendy Johnson, The Sanguine Gryphon, and Anne Hanson) that were there. Maybe next year.....







I did watch as Gryphon taught Sheri how to knit backwards. Very interesting concept and I need to see if I can remember how she was doing that.....











K came down for part of the weekend and made Cake Balls for Saturday night. Over 300 of the tasty treats and there were very few left over!!! Yum.










I came home and immediately cast on my first shawl. It is in Dream in Color Starry in the Plum Paisley colorway. My hope is to have it ready to wear to A and CB's wedding in a few weeks. I obviously have some knitting to do......









We are getting very very excited around here. Wedding.. baby.... Life is good.









Until Next time...

9 comments:

Tammy said...

Congratulations grandma. :) All my friends are about to be grandmas very soon too.

Jan said...

Woo hoo! Congrats, gradma!

So, does your Loopy in your mug have a cape on?

Hope you get your shawl done -- the start looks really pretty in that plum!

Life is GREAT!

SwissKnits! said...

Congratulations!
I cannot wait to see all the baby knitting projects!!!

rohanknitter said...

Wedding and a new baby.....life is good indeed! Congrats on the big news - I'll bet you can't wait. What baby knits to start first!!??

marit said...

That's great news! Good luck with both the wedding and the pregnancy- (to those involved...;-D)Babyknitting is so much fun- small, portable and extremely cute!

Kristi ~ Ohio said...

Congratulations Janice! How awesome...first grandchild and an upcoming wedding. The cookies and cakeballs look yummy!

WildflowerWool said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see all of your baby knitting.

Jknits said...

Congratulations. That is one lucky grandbaby! I'm sure you are going to enjoy this new job.

Marianne said...

Congratulations, Janice! What an awesome time, expecting your first grandchild & an approaching wedding!