Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Quick Wedding Recap....

What a wonderful weekend we had! I am still flying high on all the wonderful memories! I don't have a lot of pictures to share with you, but thought I would share the few I have, and do a more detailed post later when the professional pictures come back!!!

I'll start with the baking! We spent Thursday dipping the 250 cakeballs that K made and then Thursday night we invited some friends and family over for 'box night' where we put together 250 favor boxes; placed a cakeball inside and then tied it all with a purple ribbon. There was one of each of these at each place setting.







The cupcakes that we made on Monday were frozen and taken out of the freezer Saturday morning. After approximately 2 hours of thawing on cooling racks, we placed them on the cupcake stand. My mom and dad showed up and were put to work!!








The oreos were added just before we placed them on the stand.. but we have found that the buttercream freezes well, and sure saved time not having to frost all of these on Saturday!! The DJ who was working at the reception said it was the best buttercream he has had.... and I imagine he eats a lot of buttercream. I think he was pretty happy with the dozen cupcakes he ended up taking home after the reception! (We had a GREAT DJ who made for a GREAT time of celebrating!!!) I admit to having blisters on my feet from all of the dancing!!









Steve and K were thinking they looked pretty cool!!!












CB (Now CR) was a radiant bride!!!! She just looked absolutely stunning!!! Here she is surrounded by all of her sisters now!











A was quite a dashing groom - if I can say that as mother of the groom!!! Seemed quite content catching kisses from the bridesmaids!











Steve and I - Parent's of the Groom.



















The reception was a blast!! So fun to be surrounded by friends and family. My friends who I have known since I was young (like 4 years old) were there with their families.








One of my favorite dances was the 'sibling' dance where anyone with siblings were invited out on the dance floor. I was out there with my 4 brothers, who all made the trip down from Minnesota. Later on, we were all back on the dance floor with my parents looking very cool. This is the family I grew up in. Yes, I was the only girl. You can feel sorry for me..... :-)






Well, that is a brief recap. I'll do a more detailed post when I have more pictures..... Let's just say it tied R & M's wedding day as on of the happiest days of our life!!!


Until Next Time....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your happy
occasion. Everyone looked beautiful and the bride and groom
were beautiful also. I know that
a good time was had by all.

Anonymous said...

love the picture with you dad in it - looks like he is about to steal one of the cupcakes...

looks like it was a wonderful wedding!

rohanknitter said...

Congratulations - It looks really wonderful. All the girls look so pretty!

A :-) said...

Janice - just got the chance to catch up on your blog - life is good!! Congratulations on all the happy events :-)

Marianne said...

It looks like everything went off without a hitch and a good time was had by all! Congratulations!