Saturday, July 07, 2007

COLORADO!

As promised, here are just a few of the hundreds of photos we took while on vacation in Colorado. Multiple cameras; multiple photographers made for quite an assortment to choose from. These are just a few of my favorites!


HIKING:

There is something about the mountains that just invites you to put on your hiking shoes and start walking.












Every once in awhile, of course, you must put your feet up and just enjoy the view!!









Steve and Kirstin pose at the top of the Continental Divide. Kirstin's cute little foot thing is something that she has done in photos since she was a little girl.







KEYSTONE:




We stayed close to Keystone resort and took the chairlift to the top of the mountain to enjoy the view; the snow; a little knitting and then the hike down.








Even though it was quite warm and the sun is extremely intense, there was still a snow pile to enjoy. I personally did not take the plunge down, but the kids enjoyed it!








I did join the group making the hike down the mountain. It was pretty steep in some areas and used muscle groups I haven't used in quite some time! (I know this because they were very sore for several days afterwards!!)






Cold streams are always a temptation. I didn't get the action shots, but there was a waterfight or two that broke out at this particular stream!! (I reminded them they didn't want to get the camera wet, and I was holding the camera!!)







STARBUCKS:

After the hike, we all met up for our daily Starbucks treat. I got rather addicted to the Tangerine Fruit blend drink. Yum. So refreshing!










SCONES:

And then back to the condo for Kirstin's nightly lesson in scone baking. (She's a pro!) Another easily addictive item!! (Add the Devonshire Cream and it goes beyond yummy!)

















KNITTING:


And then, end the evening with a little knitting. Who could ask for a better vacation???








More knitting in my next post!

Until Next Time.....

7 comments:

rohanknitter said...

It sounds wonderful!! Good friends and family, knitting, Starbucks, homemade scones (yummmm!) and mountains on top of it all.

monica said...

What great pictures! We used to put the watermelon in those cold streams to chill it when we went on picnics when we lived in Colorado. (they were bigger than that one though) mmmmm starbucks and scones, yum.

marit said...

Stunning views! Sounds like you all had a great time!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Sure sounds like everyone enjoyed the vacation! I love that foot photo...very cool!

Mmmm scones...

Allison said...

Looks like a FABULOUS TRIP!

KnittingHawkeye said...

Hiya!

I am a student at Iowa, I'll be starting my 4th year this fall. I'm originally from IL, but have fallen in love woth Iowa. Thank-you so much for the compliments on my yarn & socks, it's an obsession really. That's awesome that your daughter will be in IC this fall. What's her major? I'm a theatre major. It'd be cool to meet her eventually. What dorm is she staying in? I was in Currier. =) Thanks again!

<3
Liz

Unknown said...

Wow! Wow wow wow wow wow! What a wonderful vacation in deed. Thank you for sharing such wonderful photos and memories. =)