Saturday, February 09, 2008

I Love Saturdays.....

Gotta love the weekend!!! It was so nice to wake up today and not have to go anywhere. I still got up very early, but I'm a morning person, so sleeping in is not my thing. I enjoy getting up and knitting; baking cookies; etc... So this morning I finished knitting K's Lucy bag. I made the strap 100 rows longer than mine. It is HUGE! I can't wait to felt it. I haven't had much luck felting in my machine here at home, but I may give it another try later today.


I also did a little spinning this morning. I'm starting to understand the 'drafting' a little more.. but have a long way to go in understanding tension; drive ratios etc... I'm hoping to head down to the spinning guild later today and get some more help.






I had a narrow escape this morning when I opened the freezer and realized I had forgot a pop can in there last night! Oops. (I like my pop with just a little ice on top... but it can be hazardous to the cleaniness of ones' freezer when you forget...) This one expanded, but did not burst! Phew!! I would love to be able to tell you that this is the first time this has happened to me. But that would not be true. It has happened more times than I care to admit!!







I made some peanut butter cookies this morning to send down to A at school. (R & M will be taking them to him tomorrow). This is one of my favorite cookie recipes. I add kisses to some, but not to all. My boys like them without the chocolate, but Steve loves the added kiss. This is kind of a combination of a few recipes.







Well, we have gotten our fair share of snow this winter!!! These are the bushes in the front of our house. Yes, it is beautiful in it's own way, but I still really don't like the cold. And it sounds like more bitter cold weather is heading our way today with wind chills approaching minus 30. That's just not right.





Sumo really loves to be out in the snow, but really didn't care to have to sit on the freezing cold snow covered cement. Just thought I'd show you the sidewalk heading up to our front door. Well, the cold weather is good for curling up and doing some more knitting. Have a great weekend!!




Until Next Time....

12 comments:

Robin said...

Sounds like you had a busy morning. I have noticed the older I get the more of a morning person I am becoming. The spinning is looking good. Don't work too hard.

Unknown said...

hahaha!! Sumo looks constipated.

I can't believe how huge my purse is!! I can't wait to use it. Love you marmie!

Terri said...

I can't wait to see your new Lucy. Your spinning looks like it is coming along. When I put soda in the freezer, I put the cans in a one gallon zip lock bag so in case I forget (which I sometimes do) it ends up in the zip lock and not all over the freezer.

Terri said...

Correction - I can't wait to see your new Lucy bag once it is felted - duh...

monica said...

I am so not a morning person. Must have something to do with working night shift for so long.

OMgosh, that can looks familiar. And I think the diet pops freeze faster than the regular ones. I have been saved from many a messy freezer by my knitting daughter. I put all my drinks in the freezer too, as I also like them slushy.

Can't wait to see the felted bag. And your spinning is looking so nice.

hakucho said...

Your lucy bag is huge...looks like Sumo would fit in it ;)
You must have a front loading washing machine...guess I'll keep my old wringer one. It does felt things well provided I don't over crowd it!

I think we all have had enough snow for this year. Spring -- hurry up and come soon :) I'm ready!

Happy knitting and enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Anonymous said...

I am a morning person, though these days I am usually up a fwe too many times in the night to enjoy the mornings as much as I'd like!!

Clarabel and I made your peanut butter kisses at xmas and they were mighty tasty.

rohanknitter said...

It's been quite a winter so far, hasn't it! We are supposed to get cold weather tomorrow and we've got a ewe that looks like she could lamb any time...brrrr....cold times in the barn!
The bag is so huge- that's a lot of knitting. It'll be super cute though.
You were so lucky with that pop! My bil left a mountain dew in my freezer once, not good!

Allison said...

Sumo does NOT look happy! That pop can is cool. Didn't know they could do that. Can't wait to see the felted Lucy. I really have to make one of those. I admire your spinning efforts. So far I've escaped that obsession!

ladyoftheloom said...

Poor Sumo! Why did he sit down anyway? That is one obedient dog.

And that is one big bag.

I used to worry a lot about the technical issues of spinning and found that it just discouraged me...just saying that is right for me.

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see what the Lucy bag looks like after felting.

But for now, it is HUGE!

Jane

Anonymous said...

I made the peanut butter cookies yesterday and they are delicious! Thanks for the recipe.