Monday, August 07, 2006

To Blog Or Not To Blog

To Blog or Not to Blog... that really is the question. My children have blogs. Several of my friends have blogs. I didn't think that I had any reason to blog. But then it happened. I became a Bag Knitting Nut! A good friend told me that I should create a blog to 'share' photos of the bags that I have been creating, and I kind of chuckled. Who would want to see my bags? But as my portfolio of bags started growing and as I continued to be inspired and encouraged by visiting other blogs, I decided to take a few minutes away from my knitting and jot a few thoughts and post a few pictures. I hope it can encourage and/or inspire someone else. I am not a natural knitter. It didn't 'take' the first time. The second time was more encouraging, but I lacked motivation. I mean, how many scarves can one wear? Nothing else really interested me. BUT I am, and always will be, a BAG lady!! When it started to dawn on me that I might actually be able to create some of the felted bags that I have always been drawn to at the knitting stores, my knitting desire grew tenfold. Then, while visiting a knitting friend of mine this past June, I started and completed my first felted bag!! I was so excited. I must have checked it every minute that it was felting. And waiting for it to dry was torture.... But it was finally ready to carry and call my own. WOW! Too thrilling for words.

That was less than two months ago. Since then, I have created 12+ bags and my mind is filled with ideas for the next 10 bags at least!!

Let me start at the beginning.......





This is my first bag.... I knit it with 2 strands of Cascade 220 and added an eyelash novelty yarn in as you can see. After it felted, I didn't like the eyelash effect.... so I gave it a haircut and am MUCH happier with the result.

A very 'happy' bag!

1 comment:

Ana Petrova said...

Blogs rock! I love being able to see all your wonderful projects.

Come over take a look at my blog...knit, knit, I'm just a knitting fool....