Thursday, January 11, 2007

Meet Me In St. Louis.....

My bags are packed and I am impatiently awaiting Steve to come home from work so we can head to St. Louis for a fun-filled weekend with dear friends. In fact, we will be visiting the friend who taught me how to knit :-) All us girls plan on doing is knitting. Lots and lots of knitting. So the dilemna today has been what yarn; needles; patterns etc.. to take. It's a fine art: packing knitting supplies for a knitting get-away. You want to pack enough... but not so much that you have no 'need' to visit every LYS that you can find!! I think I finally have the knitting stuff ready
Oh, maybe I should bring some clean clothes as well.......

A SURPRISE package arrived in the mail today. I love surprises and this one was completely unexpected!! Bonnie sent me some of her homemade granola! I LOVE granola! Especially mixed in with some yogurt and fresh fruit. It's a staple around here. I am taking it with us to snack on for the car ride (and because I'm afraid if I leave it here it will get eaten!) Thank you, Bonnie, for this special treat. I am so thankful for the wonderful group of online friends that I have made since I started knitting and blogging last summer!!


Another bowl to show you. I love these quick projects. I have been having a hard time deciding what bag to cast on next, so I just keep making more bowls.....

I've decided to cast on a large ballband bag (like the one I made Mallory) for Kirstin in brown and blue. Will start it this weekend.





And now for a little craziness. Ryan and Mallory decided to have a little photo shoot this past weekend "American Gothic" style. They took this lovely picture and made matching t-shirts which they proudly wore this past weekend in Galena. It was very fun :-) They both have a tremendous sense of humor and love to laugh.

And now they each have another point. Don't say I never did anything for you guys!!!!


Well, Steve should be home soon.


Until next time.....

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Have a great weekend!! A knitting get away is a wonderful idea. Keep your feet up and knit on.
I love homemade granola too, I made a batch this morning.

Sharon said...

Enjoy your weekend of knitting, sounds like you will have a lot of fun.

hakucho said...

I love this new felted bowl...was that a varigated colorway or did you keep changing the colors? Looks just like it was made out of pottery!
Have a wonderful weekend knitting away. Sounds like fun.

Happy knitting :)

AR said...

Have a great trip!

That pic is so funny. I had been thinking of staging an "American Gothic" photo shoot of my hubby and me. I saw one just a while ago, but I can't remember where.

Sheri at The Loopy Ewe said...

Ryan - Mallory is cute! I thought you were supposed to be keeping me posted on this??

Janice - do not eat all of that granola before you get down here.....

Shelley said...

Enjoy your trip, your knitting, and your granola!

TeAntae said...

The granola sounds delicious. Lucky lady. The kids are too cute!

A huge hug for when you get back from your fabulous weekend.

The Grasshopper King said...

Sorry Sheri! I apologize. You know you are my favorite godmom, ask me anything, and I'll tell you...

Rohanknitter said...

Yummmm, homemade granola!
What fun - a trip to St Louis with lots of knitting thrown in!