To begin with, it is now only 45 days until the marathon. Or, more importantly, 46 days until the day AFTER the marathon which I think I am looking even more forward to!! (How's that for being honest?) I do think the race itself will be fun with all of the bands and with our kids there to cheer us on, but the training has gotten long and hard.
Our training runs each week consist of three days doing 5-mile runs and then a long run on the weekend. This past long run was 18 miles. Many of you may wonder how long that takes. Well, the way I looked at it is if Steve had taken off in the car at the same time as I started on the run, Steve would have been to Minneapolis before I had completed mile 18. (Minneapolis is about 240 miles away!) Actually, I like the picture of me driving to Minneapolis and Steve doing the run better!! We have been especially thankful for the cooler weather as our runs get longer and longer. Running in the heat is zero fun.
In the fund raising department we have GREAT news!! We have met and exceeded our minimum goal of $8200 raised for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!! We have been humbled and blessed by the generosity of friends and family. We are continuing to raise money until the day of the race. Every dollar that we raise above our minimum goes 100% to The Leukemia and Lymphoma society for needed research. (The original $8200 has administrative costs included in it). Personally I would love to see us reach $10,000. Wouldn't that be incredible??
Thanks again for all who have encouraged and supported us. Keep thinking of us as we are in the final days of training.
Just found this on the marathon site and thought is was blog worthy! I bet you all wish you were running the marathon now!!
Top 5 Reasons to Run Rock ‘n’ Roll San Antonio:
- 5) Flat Fast and Scenic Course- the course is flat and runs south (away from Hill County!) capturing a great mix or urban and rural scenery- from downtown San Antonio to historic sites along the beautiful Mission Trail- you will see all of the sights and sounds that San Antonio has to offer.
- 4) Perfect Running Temperatures- Average temperatures in San Antonio in November are in the mid-60s. Translation: ideal running weather!
- 3) Location, Location, Location! From the Riverwalk to the Alamo, San Antonio’s got it all. With the perfect mix of authentic culture, rich history, lively nightlife and family fun, you'll want to stay a few extra days.
- 2) There’s only ONE inaugural race- Certain bragging rights go hand-in-hand with inaugural races. From inaugural branded race gear to the finisher medal, you will always be able to say that you were the FIRST to rock San Antonio!
- 1) 26.2 Miles of Non-Stop Music and Entertainment! Whether you are setting out to finish your first marathon, set a PR or walk for a charitable cause, why not have fun while doing it? With live music and spirited cheer teams every mile and a post-race headliner concert, this is one race that you’ll enjoy from start to finish!
Until Next Time.....