Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Knitting again.....

It's true. I actually have been doing some knitting. I won't say that my knitting mojo is back, exactly... but I have been doing a little each day and am enjoying seeing some progress...even if they are little things!!!! The one I am most excited about is this fingerless glove that Sheri mentioned on her blog. It was exactly what I was looking for. I still have to finish the thumb (oh, and the second glove), but I will be starting that today. The yarn is some I got at The Fold. There is enough to do several pairs and a scarf and maybe a fun hat....


I also cast on a felted bowl out of some wool I had in my stash. I am hoping to get several of these knit up for an upcoming event at my neighbors house... we will see. My mind is thinking of all the fun fingerless gloves I want to make for Christmas gifts...






And I have some felted coasters on the needles and a lot of additional colors I want to make up into coasters for a fun set. Like I said, nothing to amazing, but all fun.








Sophie continues to grow and keep us laughing with her quirky ways. Definitely the weirdest lab I have ever known.. but in a good way. She INSISTS on her morning and evening field walks, which are a good thing. I think the best thing they do is keep Sumo moving.....






Sumo is moving slow, but he is moving! He does at least one lap around the field both morning and night and even makes attempts at running. Thanks for hanging in there, old man!








I'm pretty sure that Sophie would be lost without him!!! She is very protective of him on the one hand, but can bowl him over with her enthusiasm on the other.








Cakes, cupcakes, cake balls and cookies are still being produced by the dozens in our kitchen. Makes for a yummy smelling house! Here are a couple of cakes that K took to a tailgating party last weekend. As a Hawkeye fan, it kind of killed her to make these, but you do what you have to do!!!!





She also made some fun cake balls that surrounded the football cake. I think it was enjoyed by all. I'm pretty sure the next ones she makes will be black and gold though!








It's another cloudy day. We have had lots of those lately!!! Sunshine seems to be in short supply. At least it's warm out. And hey, there are cupcakes on the counter... how bad can life be?


Until Next Time....

7 comments:

Sheri at The Loopy Ewe said...

Knitting! Good job!!

Kristi ~ Ohio said...

I love your fingerless mitts. The colorway is really pretty and makes the cable standout. I am currently making your alpaca with a twist scarf for my DH - black & red for Chicago Blackhawks.

PS - the cakes look yummy.

Kathy said...

Always enjoy your blog posts. Great food, knitting and puppy news.

rohanknitter said...

Aren't those cakes cute! And the puppies, too! And the knitting, of course! I love the yarn you used for that glove.

Jknits said...

Love the fingerless mitts - I need to start thinking about making a pair. I have found that felted bowls knit up surprisingly fast because of the big guage. Love the dog pics.

Confessions of a Knitting Diva said...

The fingerless mitts look great. I sure wish your daughter shipped her goodies. YUM!!!

Marianne said...

I love your fingerless mitts! Fingerless mitts are going to be my next project, since it gets cold in our house in the fall, winter, and spring. Something has to keep my wrists, hands, thumbs, and fingers warm this winter, with my rheumatoid arthritis, or I won't be able to type or knit or do anything!

I love your doggie pictures and stories! Miss Sophie is still a puppy at heart, in a big dog's body, so she doesn't mean to bowl over Mr. Sumo! They always bring a smile to my face! Thank you!