Saturday, October 31, 2009

So Long October....

Wow! Last day of October. I can't say that I am sorry to see it leave. It was a cold, rainy month. I am hoping that November is going to be nicer!!! It did make for a few nice days to curl up and do a little knitting, however. I got these mitts done and I LOVE them!!






I decided that a scarf would go well with the, so decided to finally tackle the Irish Hiking Scarf which I have wanted to do since I started knitting. It's hard to see the cables in the yarn, but there are three of them across the scarf. I thought it would match the above mitts nicely. Hopefully I will get it done in a few weeks.





I also have swapped a knitting project with K. I am very excited. I purchased this yummy Baby Twist Alpaca from The Loopy Ewe and K is going to knit me one of those tubular scarfs that transition from one color to the other. I think it is my favorite scarf of all time. I thought the light purple/charcoal gray would be a beautiful combination!












In exchange, I am knitting her a pair of fingerless mitts like the ones I just finished out of 100% cotton. (Wool is not kind to her sensitive skin!!) I have had to restart these a couple of times, but I think I finally got it right. It will be a good project to work on during the Vikings - Packers game tomorrow!!! (GO VIKINGS!!!)





I have been doing some large group cooking these past few weeks. We host a Marriage Course at our church and we provide a candlelit meal for the couples before the session. Tonight was Week 4 of 7. Penne was the main dish. I tried something new and cooked it (4 batches) totally in my roaster. It worked great!!!! I love my roaster.





I had some fun shopping on Etsy a few weeks ago. I found someone who did custom aprons and hats. I couldn't resist and ordered K some aprons and a hat for her business. She was thrilled. Now I want a hat for myself!!!!














I will leave you with this picture of her chocolate-dipped peanut butter cookie. (Just to be kind of mean!!) They are very very yummy. If you are in the neighborhood stop on by and we'll give you a sample!!







Here's to a sunny, warm November!!! We can only hope!

Until Next Time...

5 comments:

rohanknitter said...

Yep, I'm glad to see October go...a very frustrating month on the farm this year. This mitts turned out so cute, and the apron you got your daughter is adorable!

Kristi ~ Ohio said...

K looks great in her apron and hat. I'm glad her business is doing so well. Love your mitts. They turned out very nice.

Marianne said...

I love your mitts! Our local meteorologists said that each of the last 6 months, including Oct. have been colder than normal, to the tune of about 2 degrees, average, which is a big number for averages. I hope it doesn't forecast what is to come for our winter, for pete's sakes!

Your Penne looks awesome! Thank you for sharing the recipe! :-)

Sharon said...

I'm making those mitts too! One done and another on the needles. How did Christmas come so fast?? Your daughter and her apron look so cute. I bet she'll be busy this holiday season.

Jknits said...

peanut butter cookies in chocolate! What a brilliant combination.