Thursday, May 03, 2007

BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT A MOTHER DOES....

Well, today I picked my son up at college. Of course, with his bad back after his 2 surgeries, he was unable to help carry anything down to the car. So I did it. But that's ok. That's what a mother does. Oh, did I mention it was raining at the time? I got soaked. But that's ok. That's what a mother does. To check out of his room, my son was assigned cleaning the toilet of the suite he shared with 3 other guys (A toilet that hadn't been cleaned all year!). But his back...... So I cleaned the toilet. (Which the word gross doesn't even begin to describe....) But that's ok. That's what a mother does. Then we drove home. And as we ate dinner, together again as a family, I smiled. So blessed to be a mom! And the boxes and the rain and the toilet bowl cleaner was all worth the laughter and the love around the table.

Until next time...

9 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I bet you're glad to have your son home :o)

Have you received the stitch markers yet? I sent them out a few weeks ago (maybe 2). Hope they made it ok.

Bonnie O. said...

"I am Woman. Hear me Roar." Sing it with me!!!! You are awesome. I would have struggled to carry the boxes down (I'm a weak wienie!) and the toilet makes me wretch to think about. And yes, would have done it for my kids. LOL.

Glad he's home. (Your food budget just increased significantly. Hee hee.)

Anonymous said...

Well said!! That is what a mother does. Carry boxes in the rain while cleaning the toilets. True but also a good metaphor for parenting.

Unknown said...

In my defense, the toilet has been cleaned at least once this year....and I did try to clean it before I had to leave.

hakucho said...

You are such a good mother :) I know he appreciates everything you do for him :) Glad he home and doing better...that's a blessing.
Now ...hope you can do some knitting now ;)

Jknits said...

So a mother's job really is never done! And yet you manage to find joy at the end of it all. What a great inspiration.
Jen

monica said...

That is what a mother does. I remember when I was expecting our first and I was supposed to be on bedrest. We were moving back to our home town, my mother and my mother in law came up and cleaned the town house for me, because that is what a mother does. I will always remember the two of them working side by side cleaning in the kitchen. But I bet it was nowhere near as gross as that toilet. A mother's love is awesome!

Caroline said...

Ha! Ha! I love that Aaron has a comment defending himself. I'm sure it's great to have him home. To tell the truth, I'm not looking forward to having the kids away at college.

knittingknirvana said...

I have been a lurker for quite awhile and I just had to comment. I am just beginning my third month of pregnancy with our first child. I read your post and it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.