Here are random facts about me that you may not know:
1. I was born at the home of my parents, Mocha and Hershey, on March 3rd 1996. My mom was a yellow Labrador Retriever and my dad was a chocolate Labrador Retriever. Here is a picture of my mom and I a few weeks after I was born.
2. My registered name is Prince Sumo of Lantz. A very fancy name, I think. (I guess the house I was born in was on Lantz street..hence that part of my name!).
3. I have lots of siblings! (I can't remember exactly how many.. I've lost track of most of them). My litter had 4 yellows; 2 blacks and 1 chocolate. None of them were as cute as me!! My sister, Nikko, lives with me and is 9 months older.
4. I once took Second Place in a dog show. I was a little disappointed I didn't get First Place. Oh well. After the show, I went to the vet and got tutored. I hoped I would do better after that, but they never entered me in any more shows!! Go figure!
5. I once cut my chest open on barbed wire and my master, Steve, stitched me up all by himself. I kept thinking "but you're just a people doctor" but they couldn't understand. He actually did a very good job and you can't even see the scar!!
6. I was quite the athlete in my day! I could run and swim like a champ! I'm a little more arthritic these days, but still have some spunk in me! Just last night I chased a cat off our property... and I was really moving!!! Here is a picture of me 7 years ago after a long swim in the lake. Boy, I didn't realize how gray I've gotten....
7. I sleep probably 20 hours a day. It's an art! My favorite places to sleep are: on my landing going upstairs; in my doghouse in the garage or on the tile floor by the front door with the rug over my paw. At night I sleep on the floor at the foot of my masters' bed. (unless I snore and they send me to my landing....)
8. I secretly LOVE being the star of this blog and look for opportunities to model any knitting. Just yesterday I was able to model the hat that Janice finished. (She'll tell you more about it in a minute..) I think the color is good on me...
Well, that is all for now. I will tag any animal blog stars that happen to see this... (Zoe, Casey, Tinker Belle, Max... you know who you are!!)
Thanks for reading!!
Well, that is our Sumo. He has been the greatest dog! I was there the night he was born and have loved him ever since.
Now, about the hat. I was reading on Allison's blog about a knitting event that she and her mom are going to do next month and about the opportunity to knit hats for those undergoing chemo treatments. I thought that sounded like a great idea. I've never knit a hat before, but always wanted to try the Irish Hiking Hat. (This takes you to a Google search... I used the 7th link down PDF pattern) I used Paton's Wool Merino on size 7 needles and it was such a fun easy knit! I can see many more of these in my future. In fact, I hope to cast another one on today!!
Tomorrow is our 24th wedding anniversary! Hard to believe. We will be celebrating by going to Kirstin's graduation and to numerous open houses. We have a trip planned for next January to celebrate our 25th which is only a year away!! :-)
Until Next Time....