Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Snow Just Keeps Coming!

Yes, it snowed all day yesterday. On top of the snow we already have. I will admit that it does make everything very beautiful. But it also means it's cold out. This is the bird bath in our front yard. Gives you a little idea of what's on the ground!













I have gotten my first two 'official' skeins of yarn off of my new spinning wheel. The first is this white wool. I love how this yarn turned out. Thick and thin. I have heard from more than one experienced spinner to enjoy these first skeins because once you know what you're doing you can't go back and create the thick and thin look! I am planning on making a hat with this. Allison has graciously shared her pattern for her spiral hat that I love. I have no idea how this will knit up.










My second skein looks quite similar to the first, which I am not sure is good or bad. There do seem to be more areas that the two yarns that are plyed together seem to be about the same size. I know that it takes time and lots and lots of practice. Not sure yet what I'll make with this.













The kids are all back in school now and R & M are settled into their apartment. Which means that our nest is officially empty. (Unless you count Sumo, of course!) Pretty quiet. I haven't been doing a whole lot of cooking. I am excited to try a few recipes from the cookbook that we purchased on the cruise. It has all of the recipes that they served in the dining room. Many of them are quite complicated (thus the reason for all of their professional chefs), but some don't look too bad. K made several of the recipes before she headed back to school and they were delicious! I plan on making the Grilled Mediterranean Vegetable Quesadillas tonight. They are so yummy!!!


Other than that I am just trying to get the house in order. I start part time in the tax office this week and will go to full time next week. I still hope to do some knitting and spinning in the evenings.

My treat for surviving tax season will be to attend Sheri's Spring Fling the end of April. It is going to be a GREAT weekend of knitting/spinning and all things Loopy. It will be a great way to celebrate the end of another tax season.


Until Next Time....

10 comments:

rohanknitter said...

We got a little snow too, but not as much as you guys. I'll take snow over the sub-zero temps we've had though!
Your skeins of yarn are so pretty! And grilled med. vegetable quesadillas sound really yummy!

monica said...

I wish we would get some of that snow.
Your handspun looks wonderful.

Caroline said...

Snow is so beautiful. Now, if only you could get rid of it before it get slushy and icy.

I'm so impressed with your handspun.

Terri said...

I am delurking to tell you what a nice job you did on your first two hanks of handspun. I am a beginning spinner myself, and you have done a wonderful job. Keep up the good work!

hakucho said...

Wow, you first and second hand spun yarn looks fabulous!! Enjoy knitting
with your beautiful hand spun yarn :)

Karen said...

I'm so glad we aren't getting that snow. It's pretty...but I hate to drive in it. Pretty handspun.

SwissKnits! said...

Lovely handspun!!

Do you *also* collect cookbooks? That is my second hobby.

Send some snow this way!! I'd love to have a weekend in with the hubby and kids... a few movies... some knitting and some yummy food...

Enjoy!!
Michelle

Lindy said...

Oh, for some snow here! We haven't gotten any to speak of in 4 years. Such pretty yarn!

Deborah said...

I'm still resisting the spinning world. if i start another aspect of my addiction, they'll have to have me committed for sure!

your yarn looks seriously professional!

monica said...

Janice check my blog for an award