We went out and bought all kinds of fun plants. Tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, cucumbers, squash etc.. and got it all planted. (Mmmmm, I can just about taste my first tomatoe/potato chip sandwich of the summer....) Sumo LOVES days like this when we are outside all day and he can just lay around and watch us work.
Of course, after the work is done, we do our own share of laying around! The hammock is especially wonderful on a day like today!
Today Steve and K worked on a new flowerbed. They rode their bikes up to Farm and Fleet and picked up all kinds of beautiful flowers. (Steve fitted K's bike with a crate yesterday and she was itching to try it out!)
They both love to work outside in the garden and flowerbeds. I have to admit that it is not something I necessarily enjoy. I'm just glad that they do!
I was tagged by Cheryl and Annie97 to play in a meme...here it is. (I'm following MOST of the rules... I've decided that instead of choosing 6 to tag, I will challenge those who haven't been tagged yet to play along....)
1. What was I doing 10 years ago? Well, let's see. The kids were 8, 11 and 13 so I was in the very busy time of life of driving to school, soccer games, etc.. and cooking and doing laundry and trying to keep up.
2. What are 5 things on my to-do list today- not in any particular order?
Knit, take a nap, calibrate my new running watch, play a game and go see the new Narnia movie.
3. Snacks I enjoy. KettleKorn; chips and salsa; M&M's; scones; just about anything that is not good for me!
4. Places I've lived- Minnesota; New York; Tokyo, Japan; Iowa
5. Things I would do if I were a billionare: pay off the mortgage; give to charity; buy a fun convertible 2-seater sports car
6. Peeps I want to know more about: Everyone who reads my blog should consider yourself tagged!! Feel free to answer these in the comments section or on your own blog!