Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Snow Day!

The white stuff just keeps on coming! Seriously! We got another 7+ inches last night on top of everything else we already had on the ground. Here is the top of our air conditioner.... Good thing we don't need it for a few months!!






Our deck is full of snow again. Just shoveled most of it off yesterday before the snow started again. I guess we won't be grilling tonight....









The trees are heavy laden with snow. It is actually very beautiful out! Cold, but beautiful!





















I continue to take Sophie out to the back field twice a day to run off some of her puppy energy!
I bundle up and it really isn't too bad. Steve gave me snowshoes for Christmas which really help in this deep snow!







Sumo has a little trouble with the deep drifts. He comes out for a bit, but isn't up for the field excursions. The spirit is willing, his body just isn't up to it! I do believe he appreciates me wearing her out a bit, tho.







For Sophie, the bigger the drift the better! Today she was completely engulfed in snow more than once! Oh to have the energy of a puppy!! It is refreshing!















Well, one last shot of Sophie before I go curl up on the couch and knit for a bit. Still working on one of a mulitude of scarves I have on the needles right now, with more in line to be cast on. K and
SC are here as well, so I see some game playing in the near future. Yeah!!

Until Next Time....

7 comments:

A :-) said...

You look like me - I've been in the industrial strength hat, etc. for a couple of days now - We don't have quite as much snow as you, although it's falling steadily today. Getting ready for the Alberta Clipper to drop our temps precipitously, I'm afraid.

Stay warm :-)

SwissKnits! said...

Please tell me how you manage to knit with a puppy in the house.... I have not knit much since Cooper came into our family...between playing, putting, snuggling and other stuff, the runs outside, knitting has taken a back seat.
I need to make sure I get some yarn time this weekend... I guess I will let the kids play with the pup, gotta stop being so selfish... LOL

Love the Sophie updates...

Anonymous said...

Janice,

Talk about puppies in the snow, take a look athis one. Makes me crack up every time I watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sUL0KCIc48&eurl=http://wheresmycamera.typepad.com/&feature=player_embedded

Marianne said...

Whew, doggie, do have winter, this year! We are a really heavy on both snow and cold here in mid-Michigan, too. We are in a deep Arctic blast this week, that started on Tuesday, and goes through Saturday! I love your pictures of Sophie and Sumo! Aahhh, to be young again! :-)

It looks like you are dressed for the Arctic weather! I love your hat & your face mask! Your hat covers everything under your hood: what a great idea! I will have to try that! Do you by any chance have a pattern for your face mask, that I might order, or something?

Allison said...

Hope you stay warm. It makes me smile to see how much fund Sophie is having!

Lovs2Knit said...

Looks like you're getting all the snow we had in Dec. I guess I shouldn't tell you what the weathers been like here. ;~)

Sophie looks like she's having a lot of fun in all that snow.

Jknits said...

Watching a puppy in snow is almost an antidote for winter!