Well, I made it through the weekend! I did, however, have to resort to several of my coping skills. Thought I would share a few of them that came in handy the past few days.
1. An Organizing Project. Yep. When I have a lot to think about and need to keep myself busy, I take on a project. Often times I get it started and then want to quit.. but that is another story. This weekend I went through and photographed and organized my yarn stash into these neat bins I found at Walmart. I still have to make the labels for the fronts, but it's nice to have it all easily accessible. (Fortunately, I have enough of these types of projects to keep me busy the WHOLE year if need be!)
2. Chocolate. It really helps! It was Friday night when Steve realized that we had no chocolate in the house and it was obvious that I needed some. (He knows the symptoms!) He made a late night run to Walmart to snag these. (Yes, the packages are empty..it's Monday after all!)
3. Comfort Food. I did quite a bit of cooking of my favorite foods this weekend. Foods that comfort the soul. For me it's Curry over rice; cornbread rolls, cheesecake, more cornbread rolls.
4. Shopping. I purchased two new skeins of Fiesta Boomerang. I think I may FROG my first Chevron scarf and start again with this. Yes, the acquisition of knitting items is as much a therapy for me as the actual knitting!
5. Knitting. Knitting helps, but I needed a project that it didn't matter if I was a bit distracted on, so I decided to start another little teddy sweater out of some leftover sock yarn. It's almost done and I am realizing I don't have a teddy bear that fits it. Oh darn. Must go shopping. (Do you think people will look at me funny if I'm trying the sweater on the bear in the store??)
6. Drinking. My drinks of choice being Diet Pepsi and a Grande Iced Sugar-Free Vanilla Non-Fat Light Whip Latte. (The one you see pictured here is a Venti. What can I say. I was trying to cope!)
7. Scripture. My number one coping skill for all of life, however, is found in the Word. This weekend I had this verse hanging on the fridge where I could see it often.
"Now I'm turning you over to God, our marvelous God whose gracious Word can make you into what he wants you to be and give you everything you could possibly need in this community of holy friends." The Message
So, there you have it. How I made it through the weekend. Now I'll just grab a handful of kissables and a diet pepsi and make it through today. One day at a time. I can do that!! Leave me a message and let me know how YOU cope! I'd love to know! :-)
Until Next Time.....