Friday, August 10, 2007

A RECORD!

WOW! Thanks to all of you who have visited my blog and wished me a Happy Blogiversary. It certainly set a new record for number of comments received!! And it is so fun to read them all! I've also enjoyed visiting many of the blogs of those who left comments. Hope to get to all of them eventually..... There are still a few days to enter my contest for the Skinny Duet yarn! Scroll down to my last post for more details, or you can check it out here.

We are back home after a wonderful time with our friends!! As fun as it was to fondle all that yarn in the Loopy Room, the best part was just being with a dear friend! (And her family...)

Now I am home trying to decide where to stash my new stash. Here is what ended up coming home with me. Ought to keep me busy for a few weeks.....





I decided it was time to group all of my sock yarn together. I put it into a 3-tier shelf unit I have in the family room and it fit perfectly!

THEN I realized I hadn't added my new stash yet. Oops. It's in the basket in the front of the tier until I can perhaps order a bigger size!











We did get some knitting in when I was in St. Louis. Here is the progress I'm making on my Peppermint Mocha sock. I have decided that I am a 2-circular knitter. Once I got the feel of how to hold the yarn and switch needles etc.. I MUCH prefer it over dpn's.











In other news, a friend once told me that a mother is only as happy as her saddest child. I certainly have found this to be true over the years. However, if the saying was a mother is as happy as her happiest child, then today I would be (and am!) ecstatic!! Because today is the day that Ryan's fiance returns from her 7 week missions trip to Africa. In fact, he is on his way with her family right now to pick her up at the airport. I cannot wait to see her and to hear all about her trip!! And it will be SO GOOD to see the two of them together again. Ryan just looked like 1/2 of himself while she was gone!!


Lots to do today around the house. I hope to start photographing my stash and projects in anticipation of my Ravelry invite which should come within the week!!

And, of course, I must spend a little time loving on Sumo who waited expectantly each day for us to come home. He's a happy camper now!!










Until Next Time...

P.S. I'm working on a Blog Button. The first prototype is on the left. May change a bit, but I'm liking it so far. A real team effort this past week!!

15 comments:

Chelsea said...

Okay - I have two comments for you. First of all, that has to be the most beautiful dog picture I have ever seen! He/she looks so human and thoughtful. I love it. Is he/she a yellow lab? I just love dogs (and cats) and so miss having one. We have two cats, kind of by accident, right now and I love them, but it would be so nice to have a dog to add to the family. :) Second comment - I'm so jealous that you have he Peppermint Mocha colorway! I was online just last night looking for it. It seems to have dissappeared again quite quickly. Oh well. I will try to get my hands on some before Winter/Holiday-season starts, but if you have any reccommendations on where to go (I do check Loopy Ewe frequently), I'm open to suggestions. Great socks! :)

rohanknitter said...

Look at all the lovely sock yarn!
I'll bet your son is beside himself with M. being gone for 7 weeks! I'll bet it seemed like forever to him.
I like that new blog button!
Oh and I have to tell you, I've been eating tomato sandwiches for lunch lately and I put potato chips on them to try it out - it's good!!

Anonymous said...

OMG - I'm so drooling looking at what you brought home from the Loopy Room - it's so gorgeous - enjoy it all :-)

Anonymous said...

When I saw your pic of your gorgeous yarn stash, I thought 2 things: 1)I couldn't let my hubby actually see how much yarn I've collected! 2)You must not own a cat! My two kitties and my Bichon would have quite a time unraveling all that yarn! I have to keep all my goodies behind closed doors! Love your peppermint socks!

NerdGirl said...

I love that you have all of your beautiful sock yarn on display. It is so sad that most people [myself included] have the stash put when really it should be out where everyone can admire its beauty. I would suggest instead of getting a bigger basket you get another three tier stand [which is gorgeous by the way] so that the stash has room to grow!

Anonymous said...

I luuuve the peppermint mocha socks! I noticed your blog button the last post, I really like it. Also noticed the comments, WOW is right.

Hope Mallory had a great trip and a happy homecoming.

Anonymous said...

i love the peppermint mocha colorway. i swear the names of all these gorgeous yarns are enough to keep me coveting sock yarn. the sock looks great!

your dog must've been so happy to see you again... is there anything better than pure happy doggie family love? they're such good buddies.

SwissKnits! said...

soooooooooo nice that I was able to make the stash picture bigger and drool... I mean enjoy the yarn...

....sigh.... pretty yarn.... pretty yarn....

All things Heather really caught my eye....

Enjoy your stash.

KnittingHawkeye said...

Start taking pictures for Ravelry. . .that's thes stressful part of it, your stash. I went crazy and grabbed about 12 different skeins of STR today when I got to Stitches. I narrowed it down to 6. . . thankfully. =)

Sheri at The Loopy Ewe said...

I happen to know that you have LOTS of baskets that you can fill with sock yarn. Come back down and pick up some more skeins! :-)

monica said...

Ohhh, what pretties you have there. I have a drool bib on so I don't short out the keyboard :) I think I like every colorway you chose. Your socks are looking fabulous. I bet Sumo is happy you are home too.

Beth said...

Ooh, I love the tiered basket for your yarn! What a great idea.

Caroline said...

Those Peppermint Mocha socks are simply sooo.. beautiful. Oh, Oh, Chelsea says that it's hard to find? I'd better get started looking before Christmas time comes. I'm also interested in the fact that you like the circular sock knitting. It would be nice not to worry about losing needle and readjusting when knitting socks.

I'm also in love with your stash pics and your new blog button is perfect. What program did you use to create it? Seems like I remember that you're a "Mac girl." Do you use Fireworks?

marit said...

I love the way you've put your stash on display-it is so pretty!

Robin said...

I am coveting your sock yarn. It is all so pretty. Did I see a Loopy JKnits in there for the celebration????