Thursday, December 18, 2008

All We Need Are Some Penguins.....

And we would have our own Antartica, I think!! We have lots of snow on the ground and are bracing for a big snow storm tonight and later this weekend. I'm banking on the fact that the weatherpeople are wrong as we have friends who are suppose to be coming tomorrow.....


Sophie ADORES the snow. She loves to bury her face in it and dig for hidden treasures. She often eats these treasures which totally grosses me out. But I won't talk about that.....














Sumo likes the snow as well, but maybe not quite as much as Sophie. He's not quite as sure footed and has slipped on occasion... Especially when his back legs are being attacked by a pesky little puppy!!














I do have to admit that the snow makes it quite pretty outside. Here is a view from the back field looking towards our house. This is where we take our walks several times a day and where Sophie finds all of those treasures....








We weren't going to put up a tree this year so as not to tempt Sophie, but decided a little one on a coffee table would be safe.
Haven't got the popcorn and cranberries on it yet. Probably won't need to do as much this year!














In the knitting department (You can skip this part Michael!) I've been getting some items done. Here are several bowls that I've felted in the last week. These are such a quick knit and I love how they turn out. I picked up some inexpensive glass bowls to put them around so they can be used as candy dishes etc..






I also finished this BallBand bag. I will be giving this to A's girlfriend today for her birthday. The strap had gotten too long, so I cut it and added a few buttons. This way we can make it whatever length she likes. Hope she likes it!













Link
Also working on a pair of fetching gloves out of Crystal Palace Merino 5 from TLE. I LOVE the feel of this yarn. The cables show up better once you put it on your wrist, so I think that I will really like how they come out.







We've gotten a couple of emails from A so far. He is currently in Ushuaia, Argentina and will board the ship tomorrow. He writes: 'I can't wait to share what I've seen with you all, and I haven't even gotten on the ship yet!' He's taking lots of pictures and keeping a daily journal. I can't even wrap my mind around what he is experiencing and can't wait to hear all about it when he comes home.

Off to mail our Christmas letter and run a few errands before the snow and ice hit.

Until Next Time....

4 comments:

SwissKnits! said...

Just be careful Sophie... My doggie Rufus loved to eat the snow and play with snowballs, he ended up killing one of his little front teeth... it turned gray... It always made me a little sad. SO be careful sweet Sophie!

Robin said...

We are expecting snow this evening too. Stay warm and all the knitting looks great.

rohanknitter said...

Woo! We don't have much snow now but are supposed to get some kind of ice/snow combo tonight - hate that ice! All the knitting projects are lovely and I love your little tree with all the wheat ornaments!

Sheri at The Loopy Ewe said...

grumble ... dumb snow ... grumble...