Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happy Birthday K!

Today is K's birthday!!! Hard to believe my little girl is growing up. This photo was taken at her 1 year old birthday party in New York 18 years ago. She's not too far from her place of birth this year, which means that she is far from home. She'll be back next Friday (MY birthday!!) and so I'll get to give her a birthday hug then. Until then, Happy Birthday K!!!!!










No knitting to show. I've put that second Monkey sock on hold to give Allison a fighting chance at beating me!! But beware, Allison, I am meeting Sheri this weekend at the Midwest Fiber and Folk Art Fair and we plan on doing some serious knitting. I'll be getting that second Monkey sock done for sure!!

I'm still plugging away at the basement; closets; china cabinets etc.. etc.. Finding more and more treasures. This is a Hummel candy dish that was Steve's mom. The head broke off right after we got it and I've been wanting it fixed for over 11 years. Steve did it last night. (Took maybe 5 minutes....) These are the kinds of things that I feel we finally have the time and focus to get accomplished. Can you guess what candy we filled it with??











I have to admit that I have TONS of dishes packed away here and there. When we were living in Japan there was a VERY fun place called China Pete's that we would go to that had the most incredible dishes at very reasonable prices. These are two of my favorite sets.. the watermelon dishes and some very unique blue and white dishes. They've been stashed away and it is fun to have them out where I can get to them and use them. Someday maybe I'll share more of some of the incredible things I got there. Suffice it to say it would be a LONG blog post!!!









It's been incredibly hot and humid lately. Perfect weather for working in the nice cool basement. And whenever I start to complain about the heat, I remind myself of the alternative..... freezing cold and snow! I know I may be a bit weird, but I'll take the hot humid weather over the freezing cold and snow. Just saying.


Back to the basement......




Until Next Time.....

6 comments:

rohanknitter said...

Happy bday to K!
I love the watermelon dishes - so cute!
Wish I could meet up with you at midwest fiber but the fair is the same weekend again!

AR said...

Happy birthday to K! Those dishes are adorable. Hmmmm did you fill the cute dish up with m&m's? I would!

monica said...

Happy Birthday K!!!!!!!
My guess would be that the dish is filled with M&M's.

Sheri at The Loopy Ewe said...

Yep, you're weird. COLD is so much better. See you tomorrow - yay!

Happy Birthday K!!!!!!!

Beverly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beverly said...

A very happy birthday to your 'baby'! I can't wait to read a report of the fun you and Sheri have at Midwest Fiber. Please pass the M&Ms.