Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Loopy Swap Package

Lookie what came for me yesterday afternoon! My Loopy Ewe Swap Package from Cheryl. I have been anxiously awaiting it's arrival since I had been told it was on it's way. And I was warned not to be alarmed by the size of the box. It was huge! And FULL of wonderful surprises!






Everything was wrapped beautifully in blue and pink tissue paper inside of this amazing Lantern Moon two tiered basket.
(It is very elegantly lined with a beautiful satin fabric!) There was a pattern for a Beaded Smoke Ring cowl with a gorgeous purple colorway of Chamelion Colorworks Bambino yarn. (With 2 types of beads to chose from!!) There are two crochet hooks - 1.0mm one that is used to thread the beads with and a mini bamboo one. Also in my wonderful basket was a Vera Bradley coin case. Oh, but that's not all.









I didn't find it originally, but tucked inside the Vera Bradley coin case was this adorable Signature Needle pin. I LOVE it. I have been addicted to these needles since I was first introduced to them at the Spring Fling. They are an investment, but so worth it! But that is still not all!!!





Wrapped beautifully in tissue was this gorgeous shawl made just for me in Shibui yarn. I can't wait to have my first occasion to wear it! We have a few more weddings to attend this summer and it will be perfect!! I cannot believe thow beautiful it is. And it's for me! Thanks so much, Cheryl!!!





Here is another view of the shawl where it is sitting right now... on the piano. I doubt I should wear it to go mow the yard, but I'm tempted!!!


I have been so fortunate in all of the swaps that I have been a part of and had WONDERFUL swap partners! Hmmm, what swap to join next????



Until Next Time....

4 comments:

KnittingHawkeye said...

Gorgeous shawl! Wow, I wish I was that good at knitting. I'm still having trouble knitting lace socks. . . .yes, sad to admit. =/

Lovs2Knit said...

Great swap package! What a small world, I knit Cheryl a pair of socks in a Monkey sock swap a year ago. :)

hakucho said...

Wow, you certainly made out like a bandit with this swap. All of you "surprises" are lovely :)

Cheryl said...

WOW beautiful piano, how lucky the shawl is to live there! Glad you liked everything.