Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm Back Again...

from another trip to Goodwill. Each trip feels so wonderful as I get rid of more and more 'stuff'. How did we ever accumulate this much 'stuff'??? I suppose after 25 years of marriage and 3 kids (who have all moved in and out several times) it does add up. I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

One box I went through today was my cross-stitch box... full of pattern books; DMC thread and fabric. (And several UFO's!) I use to cross stitch like crazy. I have kept my threads and a few of the UFO's that I can see maybe someday finishing, and am parting with the rest. Gosh, do you suppose in another 20 years or so I'll be sorting through my knitting stuff thinking back on when I used to knit??? (And what will I be in to then???)




We had a very relaxing weekend. Worked in the yard; in the basement; had some friends over for a BBQ and helped our neighbor put hay up in the barn for the coming winter. (Always a big job!) While over at her house, Alice told us to make sure and take home a few sunflowers that were growing from her compost pile - she promised that they would 'sing' to us and make us happy. And indeed they have. They really are a bright, fun flower!! And if I remember right, my grandma used to have a singing sunflower that sat on her piano. Very cute!








Sumo has decided to boycott eating in the garage. We've always fed the dogs out there and there has never been a problem. But this past weekend he refused to eat anything. Finally I brought his food indoors and wa-la he gobbled it down. It's good to be King, isn't it Sumo?











Today is the day that an article came out in our paper about Steve and I training for the marathon. You can check it out here.


Back to the basement for a few more hours of sorting.


Until Next Time......

10 comments:

rohanknitter said...

Getting rid of stuff feels so good, doesn't it! I'm hoping to do some of that later this summer once the fairs are over.

Love the sunflower!
ps. very nice article!

Kristi ~ Ohio said...

I am in the process of cleaning the basement too. I can not believe have much we've accumulated in 26 yrs. You don't want to see a picture of my basement! I go through a couple of boxes each week. I enjoyed the TNT article. Kristi ~ Ohio

Lynn said...

Cross stitching was my thing before I became a knitter too. I have a bunch of unfinished projects that I keep thinking I should finish, But that would cut into my knitting time. :)

Great article!

Lovs2Knit said...

If it wasn't for the military I'd probably have more "stuff" then I need. :~) I never could get into cross stitch but I do love to sew.

Great article!

Bonnie O. said...

Laughing about Sumo. While I was on vacation last week, my oldest daughter who stayed home told me that Herschel barely ate. He would only eat if she basically hand-fed him. Well today, same thing. I took a few pieces out of his bowl and handed them to him and he gobbled them down. After several more handfuls, I thought, "What are you crazy, Bonnie? You do NOT have time to hand feed a dog." So he's on his own now. LOL.

Jknits said...

good job on the good will runs - it's tough to give up stuff.

Anonymous said...

sumo is a riot. i guess he put two and two together and realized he was the only one eating out there and surely that must mean something about the Family Totem Pole.

my own dog decided two weeks ago that he will no longer eat the food he's eaten since birth, so i switched brands and that met with his approval.

picky little things, aren't they? love 'em though!

KSee said...

what a great article and picture. Sumo probably wants the AC in the house and not the heat of the garage.

Anonymous said...

I'm in the middle of cleaning out everything too. My mom moved in with us last month and we're trying to incorporate 2 households into 1. The day I dread is trying to clean out the attic!!

Sheri at The Loopy Ewe said...

I'm thinking that we'll be knitting forever. Don't you think? (Of course we would've said that about cross-stitching, too. But we have way more yarn, right?)

And Sumo totally deserves to eat inside. I'm sure he just didn't like eating/drinking out of hot bowls. Poor guy. (Casey eats outside in a hot bowl. I'm not going to let her discuss this with Sumo.)