Thursday, February 01, 2007

AHEAD OF SCHEDULE!!


That's right! I'm ahead of schedule. Our evening freed up tonight and I curled up on the couch and went to town on my sock and it is finished!!! I love the colors and the way it feels. I do wish I would have used one size smaller needles or cast on a few less stitches, but they will be GREAT! (Notice the 'they'...yes, I will get the second one made!)













I now have a pair of socks! They don't exactly match..... But it's a pair. I think that I will cast on the other purple sock tomorrow and do that one next. Hopefully then I'll be able to adapt the blue sock pattern to go onto my circulars.... Then I can get it's mate done as well...probably in less time than it took to do the first one. (I guess 6 1/2 months is a fairly easy time to beat!)























I thought Sumo might be interested in my accomplishment. He was already on his landing for the night, and had a hard time mustering up any sort of excitement.

So, I made him try them on. I thought for sure that would get him really excited.





I was wrong. Humiliations galore! He may be getting just a little tired of being the blog star! Or it could be just because it was past his bedtime. But his bedtime runs into his morning nap time which runs into his afternoon nap time which goes right back into his bedtime...so I can't win!!










Ok, Sheri. I'm a sock knitter. You were right. (Like always!) It is fun!!


Until next time.....

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wooohoooo! You're a Sock Knitter and you LIKE it! :-) :-) :-) (Darned good looking socks - both of them.) I'm so proud of you.

monica said...

I think that constitutes a pair. I have a pair of mittens like that right now. Watch out, it is addictive, and once your family tries them you will be in the sock making business. Well, my husband won't wear them, but I can't make them fast enough for my kids. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks! I am partial to the canine modelling shot.

Anonymous said...

I love the sock and Sumo looks like a buddy who'll do just about anything for you. They look great on him!

Anonymous said...

Sumo looks wonderful in your socks.

hakucho said...

I love your "unmatched" socks! Congratulations on getting them done :)

Sumo is such a great model even though he's not too enthused.

happy knitting :)

Anonymous said...

They are a beautiful pair of socks! I am sure will be even more lovely when they are a matching pair. I really like the yarn it is (as my grandmother would say) Jazzy.
I find all things knitting are rocket science until you figure them out and then easy as pie.

p.s. you are one fast knitter! a quite jealous that you kids are a little more independent than mine. one day!

Robin said...

Those are great Janice. I am so proud of you. I can't wait to see your Posh socks unless I drive to Cedar Rapids and steal it out of your stash. It would just be cheaper to order my own I suppose.

Unknown said...

*looks at the picture of the doggy in socks* BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Love it!

AR said...

Yay! Sumo looks good in handknit socks. My dog would never be still enough for that.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Yay! Another sock knitter is born! Time to join my webring (hint hint, LOL)!

Both socks look great...even on Sumo! You'd better watch it, or he might get you to give him the 2nd sock for each of those pair so he can have socks for all four of his feet!

Samantha said...

Your dog is adorable! I love your 'pair' of socks. Very nice. :)

Allison said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Your first socks. I'm so proud of you! But now you're going to have to fight with the dog whenever you want to wear them!

Deborah said...

sounds like we were going through sock stuff at the same time! congrats on yours. I'm sorry happy about mine!