Thursday, February 01, 2007

My Gusset...


I did it! I picked up my first sock gusset. Thanks to Arleta for telling me about Grumperina's helpful tips on picking up the gusset. Between that and my Socks Soar on 2 Circulars book I think I did it!! Now just to finish knitting the foot; stitch up the toes and cast on sock #2.

Here is a picture. It may not look a whole lot different than the last one, but trust me.. it is. The gusset is picked up for goodness sakes!! I hope to have this sock finished by Monday. That is my goal. (It would be sooner but work is REALLY cutting into my knitting time!!!)








Went downstairs the other night to watch '24' with Steve and Kirstin and this is what I found. They each had a spoon and were dipping into my bowl of Monster Cookie dough.

They cannot be trusted!!










And now for my cooking. Can you say "disaster"?

I decided to make some yummy bran muffins (because they are good for you and all) and disobeyed the #1 cooking rule that I learned in 7th grade: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL OF THE INGREDIENTS BEFORE YOU BEGIN COOKING. This really is good advice. I started the recipe and kept coming to ingredients that I didn't have. I started the substitution game. One substitution in a recipe you can usually get away with. Two, sometimes.... But by the 4th substitution I knew I was in trouble. Even sprinkling extra sugar on the top before baking couldn't save these muffins. They tasted like, well, llama food. So, out to the barn I go....
(Ok, not really. They ended up in the trash!)

Maybe I'll grab a spoon and join Steve and Kirstin!


Until next time...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on your sock. Thanks for the link to picking up the gussett...I'm actually at that point and will try it. Will also have to try the monster cookies...maybe for the Super Bowl. :)

hakucho said...

Yay...mission accomplished...gusset looks perfect and now to the finish line! The socks are really looking good. Very pretty.

Sorry about your muffins :(

happy knitting :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah for the gusset!!!
Bummer though for the muffins, I had a similar situation at my house with bread that didn't rise. We can't be great ALL the time.

rohanknitter said...

Yea, the sock is coming along great.
That middle picture looks like something that would happen at my house!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a beautiful sock you're in the middle of!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Ummm...you know what llama food tastes like??? hehehe!

The sock is coming along nicely! Yay at picking up the gussets!!

Anonymous said...

Yay on your sock!! :-) And I want a spoon of cookie dough batter.

Unknown said...

Yay on the sock. And as for the muffins, at least the looked yummy.

AR said...

Your sock looks super!

Mmm. I have a hard time staying out of the cookie dough, too.

Sorry about the muffins.

Anonymous said...

your socks are lovely. thanks for sharing the link about the gusset. i made about 10 pair of socks before knowing i didn't do the "picking up stitches" right. but, i like what i read from grumperina so will try that next time. sumo is too cute modeling for you. i enjoyed all of this blog and your sense of humor. happy sock knitting to you.