Thursday, February 08, 2007

Knitless Days and Knitless Nights.....

That's what is seems like these days!! I need to figure out a way to sneak in a least a small amount of knitting in! Needless to say, I have little to show for the past few days. (At least in the knitting or cooking realm....) I am in the middle of trying to decide what pattern and yarn to use for the International Tote Exchange III. I was involved in the ITE II last fall and really enjoyed making the bag and getting to know others in the exchange (Hi TeAntae, Bonnie, Allison and Tora....) I can't believe how much I have been agonizing over this decision. I think I have settled on making a double stranded ball band bag with these yarns. I'll keep you updated on my progress! I'm hoping to do a little each day. I was able to knit the bottom before work this morning and hope to start knitting in the round tonight. Not sure if I'll do all the bands with the fun variegated yarn or have a few bands of solid green or pink.....





Kirstin has been our caffeine supplier these past weeks with this cappuccino machine she got for Christmas. She's 'perfecting' her latte making before she heads to college in the fall, and I am happy to accommodate her need for sampling!!












Here is Kirstin and her good friend with one of her concoctions.

Make mine a double please......

















Aaron headed back to Iowa State this week and wanted his picture on the blog, with, of course, Sumo. (Who as you can see is getting downright bored with the whole picture thing!!)






Well, the evening is free and Steve has offered to take Kirstin and I out to dinner. (I think he may be a little tired of leftovers???) Nikko and Sumo would like to go as well. It's so hard to turn down such cute little faces.....




Until Next Time...

9 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I've only ever had cappucino once in my life, and that was a few months ago. I didn't know if you're supposed to add sugar to it or what...I was over to a couple from church's house for dinner one night and so I just watched what he did...he put sugar in and stirred, so I did too. Normally I take my coffee with milk and sugar in it, but since I never had cappucino I didn't know if sugar was necessary....yup, I'm glad I added the sugar!

Great pics of the kids and puppies!

Can't wait to see the bag when you're done - sounds like it's going to be pretty with the colours you've chosen!

Anonymous said...

I like the colors you've picked out for your new bag! I hope you get more time to knit. I'm not finding as much time to knit as I want, either. I think a "knitting weekend" is in order. :-)

hakucho said...

Don't you wish there were more hours in the day? I probably should give up some of my sleep, but I would be totally worthless if I did :)

I'll be watching and waiting (patiently)to see your new bag finished!

happy knitting (even if it is only a tiny bit) :)

Allison said...

I love the colors! Whatever you make will be adorable. I can't wait to see it. I love your photos of the kids too - they always look so happy. I want to come hang out at your house!

AR said...

Well, I hope you find time soon, I want to see that new bag. I think the colors are going to look great! LOL

Mmmm, kids who make coffee! My fave. hehehe

monica said...

I like the colors you are going to use for your bag. OOhh I wish I had a cappucino machine, I would be introuble though if I did, and hyped up on caffeine all day.

Anonymous said...

I just made your recipe for Taco Soup & Cornbread and it is awesome. Thanks so much for sharing the recipes. Also I love your dogs and your knitting.

Deborah said...

you have such an eye for color and such taste in food!

Bonnie O. said...

Waving back to you, Janice!!