Wednesday, February 28, 2007

BAGS, BOWLS AND BIRTHDAYS

Another nasty ice storm has been predicted for this evening. It hasn't come yet.. but the wind is blowing like crazy and it looks ominous! I hate to admit it, but I prayed all day for activities to be cancelled tonight so I could spend a night at home getting caught up with life! And they are!!! (Happy dance). So I'm going to put on some comfy clothes and get to work.




First I thought that I would let you know that I did some felting yesterday and am excited for everything to dry. Here is the tote I made for the International Tote Exchange. It's kind of fun. I also made a small cell phone holder to attach to it with some of the bright colored yarn. I hope to fill it with goodies and get it in the mail next week. Sure hope my swap partner likes it!!












Next I finished my RunAmokKnotSewHobo bag (which is a pattern I got from my Bagaholics group) and got that felted as well. This is a great pattern and a wonderful size for a purse. Once it dries, I'll do a little embroidery and add a button. I have to say, that Paton's wool is my favorite for felting! It makes such a wonderful fabric.
















Also got the bowl done for my mom. I have a few other things to send her way, so I will put it all in a box next week as well. Hmmm, maybe I'll have to add a little chocolate......










I have a VERY DEAR friend celebrating a BIRTHDAY today!! It is Sheri's birthday from The Loopy Ewe! If you haven't been to her blog today, stop over and wish her a happy birthday. And if you have never visited her sock yarn shop before do that as well!!

Here is a photo of the two of us from when we went to St. Louis last month to visit.










Sumo got over his fear of the skating rink yard and is enjoying being able to get a good back scratch courtesy of the frozen snow!!

He's such a funny fellow!!




Until Next Time.......

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh.....so you're the reason church was cancelled tonight! I guess we all know whose prayers carry the most weight! (smiley face) Glad you (and all of us) can be home tonight----even though Laura was really looking forward to the "Love Panel" at youth group. Now she can enjoy the anticipation for another whole week. (Bet you didn't know I read your blog, did you? I'm actually surprising myself by being something other than "a lurker." I wasn't sure I was smart enough to figure out how to do this!)

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The felting jobs look great! Man...I've said this before, and I'll say it again - I LOVE the way your ballband bag looks with those colours!!

Janice said...

EEEK! anonymous is my Pastor's wife (and good friend) Karen!! (Way to come out of 'lurkdome'!!) Ryan and Mallory are excited to be on the 'Love Panel' at youth group...and will have to wait another week as well!! They came out and hung out with us tonight so it was a double blessing!! Promise I won't pray for cancellation next week.......

AR said...

Look at all of your finished projects! Nice! :D I just might have to try some of those bowls, yours look so great!

hakucho said...

Everything you felted looks great :)Your bowls cerainly will make a lovely gift especially if they contain chocolate ;)
I think Paton's is the best and most reliable felting wool. My clogs are almost dry...can't wait to start wearing them!

happy knitting :)

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait for the package to arrive--and chocolates would be great! Wish we lived close enough to get in on some of your meals.
It is snowing here again today--just about everything is closed-a good day to stay home and do some wheat weaving.
This is my third attempt to send a message, last night as soon as I got it ready the internet decided to go off for a few minutes. So here goes!
Mom

Jknits said...

I love the picture of your puppy. Mine has had to learn to skate as well. It's supposed to snow and then rain tomorrow, so maybe he'll get a break.

The bags look great - so does the bowl.

Bonnie O. said...

I have been thinking about you this afternoon as I read about the nasty weather you were hit with AGAIN! We only have torrential rain.

Your bags turned out so beautifully. Your partner will be thrilled, I'm sure! I have to agree - Patons is my favorite, too. I only wish they had more colors. I love the color selections of Cascade and Lamb's Pride - my second and third favs.

Unknown said...

Stay safe and warm!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Happy Birthday greeting!! :-) :-)