Sunday, February 11, 2007

A Quick Post....


Because I want to spend a bit of time knitting!!! However, I also want to give you a quick update on my bag progress! It's coming along, and I think I am liking it so far! I now am over 1/2 way done with the color band part and will add a nice thick S-Cord strap. I decided on 3 bands of solid green throughout the bag.. I can't wait until it's ready to felt.








Sumo approves...and again is my faithful companion as I sneak pockets of time here and there (often quite early in the morning...) to do a few rows.



















Sumo has read quite a bit about these 'Cozy Cushions' that different cat owners seem to be raving about for their feline friends! (See Sheri's most recent blog post here). Sumo reassured me that he is quite happy with his own version of a cozy cushion that he sleeps on every night. It's not heated...but with his big fur coat he doesn't need it. (Plus, can you imagine how humiliating it would be for a big tough dog like Sumo to have a heated cushion?? )






Made a big dinner for the Sunday Night group of teens that meet at our house every week. On the menu: Tator Tot hot dish; broccoli cauliflower salad; pears; cornbread rolls and frosted sugar cookies. One teen that was here had never had a 'hotdish' before!!! Obviously not from Minnesota!! She went back for seconds......

This is a picture of one of the tables. It's a GREAT group of kids!!



The sugar cookies we made are my favorite recipe. Mainly because I don't have to roll them into shapes! (Confession....I don't like making shaped sugar cookies!!)


Kristi’s Sugar Cookies


1. Beat together:

1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup soft butter
3/4 plus 1/8 cup salad oil
2 eggs
1 Tbsp. vanilla

2.
Then add:

4 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar


3. Roll into balls
4. Press with glass dipped in sugar.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
6. Frost with powdered sugar frosting.


Enjoy!

Until Next Time.....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect! I was looking for a sugar cookie recipe and no rolling, yahoo!!
I am not familiar with a 'hot dish' either, is it like a casserole?
Your bag looks great.

Anonymous said...

Wow! The bag looks terrific. I love how you used those colors with black. I've gotta admit that I don't know what a hotdish is either. I'll guess though, a one pot meal?

Janice said...

:-) Yup! 'Hotdish' is another word for 'casserole'.

hakucho said...

Your ball band bag is coming along nicely. Pretty color combination!
Is your hot dish like sheppards pie , but instead of mashed potatoes on top there are tater tots?
I don't roll out any of my cookies any more. I roll the dough (no mater what it is from sugar cookies, gingerbread and even springerle) into balls and I have one shortbread press with a goose on it that I press on top of the balls. The cookies are eaten so fast that it really doesn't matter :)

happy knitting :)

Samantha said...

Those cookies look scrumptious!! :) I love the bag. The colour combination is wonderful. :)

I have dreams that my house will be filled with my kids' well behaved friends. We plan on having a fun rec-room fit for the joy of teenagers (and dh of course) so if our kids' friends want to hang out they have a place to do so safely.

Robin said...

Until I moved to MINNESOTA, I had never heard of hot dish before either but now I am all too familiar with it. Do you put veggies in your tator tot hot dish? Where I come from (Kansas) we call it Beef Tater Bake (sounds kind of southern huh?)

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The bag is looking great! I really love the colours you're using - they really jump out against the black!

Mmmmm sugar cookies! Another recipe I'm going to have to "steal" from you ;o) hehehe!

AR said...

I knew those colors would look great!

Your get-togethers look like so much fun!!

Mmmm.. We call it tator tot casserole, my Hubby loves it.