Allison has declared this the summer of the UFO (Un-Finished Object) and is even starting a KAL (Knit-Along) to help some of these poor UFO's get off the needles. I decided to do an inventory of all of the UFO's that I currently have on my needles, and to hopefully set some goals to get them done. I found 9 of them. (Not too bad I tell myself....)
Here they are in order of time spent sitting on the needles:
1. My Vikings socks. I have one done and one ready to do the heel. But I've forgotten how to do the short row heel. I will take this with me on my knitting weekend with Sheri in July and get them done. I plan on wearing them for the first Vikings game I can watch on our new TV.
2. My Dream in Color Smooshy socks in the Visual Purple colorway. I am not sure why these got set aside. I love the yarn and the colorway. Hmmm..... Not sure when I'll pick these back up. Let me think on that.
3. My Noro scarf. I am so close to being done. I really love the ways the colors change with Noro but the feel of the yarn is quite scratchy. Hopefully after it is washed and blocked it will soften up. It's packed to go with me this weekend and I will finish it. End of story.
4. The first adult sweater that I am knitting. I love the pattern and the color. It got set aside when the weather started getting warmer and it wasn't much fun to have all that wool sitting on my lap. My goal is to pick it up again early this Fall and be wearing it by December 1st.
5. My Swirl socks - which is a pattern designed by my knitting hero Monica. I have one done and am working on the heel of the second. Again, I love the yarn and the pattern. Not sure why they aren't done. August 1st will be my goal for having sock # 2 done. (Sure wish it would count towards Summer of Socks, but the only socks that count are ones that are cast on and knit after June 21st!)
6. My Dream in Color Classy hat. Now this is just ridiculous because all that is left is to cut the yarn and thread it through the stitches and tighten it up. It will also be finished by the end of this weekend. (I probably shouldn't even have included it, but it will make me feel like I'm checking something off my list! Ever added easy things to your 'To Do' list, just so you know you'll have at least a few things you'll be able to check off relatively quickly?? C'mon, you know you have!!)
7. My Circle Tote felted bag. I was really on a roll knitting this a few weeks back but had forgotten half the pattern so I got stuck and haven't picked it up again. I've got the pattern packed for our trips this weekend and hope to get this first side completed.
8. My Noro sock yarn Chevron scarf. Again, I love the colorways of this yarn, but not the feel of it. It may sit a bit, I hate to admit, but I have my eye on another skein of Wollmeise that I'd rather cast on and knit into a scarf. Sorry Noro.
9. My last project is the Chevron Scarf that I just cast on in the Team in Training colors as a prize/incentive to use for those who contribute to my marathon efforts. I technically have until November to get this done, but thought I would try to have it completed at the same time we reach our fund raising goal. Since we are already over half way there, I figure I better keep plugging away on it!
Well, there they are. I'm not sure if it has made me feel more or less overwhelmed. It doesn't seem that bad, until I factor in the multiple projects I'm dying to cast on. Maybe I'll allow myself to cast on a new one for every two I finish. We'll see. But I'll keep you posted!
Until Next Time.....